Strength: Week 1 of Dynamic work with Front box squat and Power snatch. All sets need to be explosive so augment loading if needed. Remember, if you cannot maintain bar speed with box squats then you need to go lighter. This strength session should not take longer than 20:00.
Metcon: Challenging piece today for both grip and lungs. Although the gymnastics work volume is relatively low there is a lot of interference from the barbell movements. This time cap is generous to give athletes a chance to break up gymnastics work if needed, but barbell movements should be moderately heavy for front squats and power snatches. Times will range from 8-12:00, but advanced athletes should shoot for sub 10:00.
1) Front Box Squat: 6 x 4 @60%, every 60-75s.
– Use a 13-15# Box + Slightly Wider stance than normal
2) Power Snatch: EMOM 6: 2 Reps @70%
– These are “cluster sets” meaning you drop and reset between each single.
– Beginner: Muscle Snatch w. a light load
30 Deadlifts (155, 105)
10 Bar Muscle-ups
20 Front Squats (155, 105)
20 C2B Pull-ups
10 Power Snatch (155, 105)
L3: (135, 95) (Ring Dips in place of Bar Muscle-ups)
L2: (115, 75) (Band Assisted Pull-ups) (Knee Lifts)