If you want to look and feel your best this Summer, it’s time to start taking action now.
Most people wait until April or May when the weather starts to turn to begin working on their nutrition and exercising. Late is better than never, but it’s the ones who begin making changes in February who have the best chance of reaching their goals.
This is because losing weight and building muscle takes time. You can see changes in 30-days, but it’s the progress you begin seeing at days 60, 90, and 120 that blow you away.
Here is how we help our clients prepare to live their best Summer each year:
- Set a goal. Setting a goal gives you a purpose and keeps you motivated. Once you’ve set your goal, write it down and put it somewhere you will see it every day.
- Establish a baseline. Once you know where you want to go, you need to understand where you are starting. Your baseline should be more than a number on a scale. Chances are the one you have at home is inaccurate, and it doesn’t show you the whole picture. At Arsenal, we use an InBody to read your weight, body fat %, and lean muscle mass. These numbers are essential for helping measure progress in the weeks to come.
- Map out a plan. You’ve set a goal, and you know where you are starting from. Now, it’s time to put together a plan. If you are doing this on your own without a coach’s help, don’t spend hours and hours researching. Instead, workout 3-4 times a week for 60-minutes, mixing cardio and weights in equal parts, and do your best only to eat whole foods (lean protein, vegetables, and healthy starches) 90% of the time.
- Take action. A great plan is useless if we don’t execute it. Every time you take action, you create momentum that will take you one step closer to your goal. Keep the ball rolling by celebrating little wins every time you make a healthy choice or prioritize working out.
- Measure your progress. Seeing success from our hard work will motivate you to keep going. Measure your progress every 30-days to keep you accountable and to move forward. If you do not see the results, you need to ask yourself why and make adjustments to the plan. A coach is a huge help here and why we sit down with our clients every 30-days to make sure we are on track.
- Rinse and Repeat. Once you’ve reached your goal, you need to set your next destination. The worst thing you can do is throw away all of your hard work by going back to old habits and starting over again next year. Keep your new-found momentum moving in the right direction and stay consistent.
You can progress through this on your own, or you can work with a coach who will help get you there faster. Summer will be here before you know it, and we are ready to help you enjoy the warm weather and sunshine. Schedule a free 30-minute consultation with a coach so we can help you build your path to success.