1/2 c red quinoa
1c almond milk
1 lime, zest and juice
3 tbsp honey
3 cups TOTAL of your favorite fruits, chopped into bite sized pieces*
– Rinse the quinoa thoroughly for about 5 minutes in a small strainer under running water. This will remove some of the bitterness in the quinoa.
– In a small saucepan, add the quinoa and almond milk. Bring to a boil and then simmer for approximately 15 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. I like to use almond milk because it results in a creamy, sweeter quinoa, which is great for a fruit salad recipe.
– For the dressing, whisk together the honey, lime juice, lime zest and mint in a small bowl.
– Combine the fruit, quinoa and dressing in a large bowl and stir together.
– Once incorporated, refrigerate for about an hour and serve.
*Strawberries, blueberries and mango were used in this recipe, but feel free to experiment with your favorite fruits!