These tasty chicken nuggets are a perfect appetizer to bring to your Super Bowl party this year! Don’t wreck your nutrition plan just because there isn’t anything healthy at the party… BRING THESE so that no matter what, you’ve got something you know you can eat and feel good about.
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 Cup Dill Pickle Juice (we stole this from Chick-Fil-A!)
2 eggs, Beaten
1 can Full-Fat Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Arrowroot Powder
2 Tbsp Paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 Cup coconut oil for frying
1. Cut chicken into 1 – 2 inch cubes
2. Place chicken in a mixing bowl, add pickle juice and cover. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours (over night is best!)
3. Drain pickle juice from bowl and add coconut milk and eggs to the chicken.
4. Toss the chicken in the mixture and let sit for at least 5 minutes
6. Mix the dry ingredients in a shallow bowl or pan
7. Add batches of chicken to the dry ingredients. Be sure to cover each piece completely.
8. Heat a cast-iron pan with the coconut oil on medium-high heat.
9. Once oil is hot, add chicken one batch at a time. Try not to crowd the chicken. Turn each piece once the crust has browned – about 3-4 minutes per side.
10. Drain cooked chicken on a drying rack over a baking sheet.
Enjoy! Let us know what you think!