Would you like to shed a little extra fat or improve your cholesterol? How about increase your sense of well being and sleep better at night? All of this and much more is possible by starting a strength training program.
As we age, the idea of ‘strength’ becomes less and less important to us. Clients say all the time that they don’t need to lift all that heavy weight and that they just want to be in shape. But what they don’t realize is that strength training has many benefits besides just being able to lift some heavy weights.
Here are 5 reasons why everyone should give strength training a shot!
- Increased Metabolism – Strength training can seriously boost your metabolism and help you burn more calories while you rest. That means more lean muscle and less body fat!
- Decreased Risk of Injury – As you get older and your joints become more vulnerable the best way to protect them is by building the muscles around them. Strength training also helps you maintain your flexibility and balance, thus allowing you to stay active and independent.
- Improved Sense of Well-being – Strength training is a lot of fun and when you see yourself starting to get stronger your confidence will skyrocket! Everyday tasks will seem much easier and you’ll have a lot more energy throughout the day.
- Disease Prevention – Strength training will not only make you look better on the outside, but it will keep you healthy on the inside as well! Lifting weights has been shown to prevent conditions like heart disease, diabetes, depression, back pain, arthritis, and obesity.
- Improved Sleep – Strength training will make sure you’re getting a full night of sleep! When you combine a long day’s work with a hard training session you are priming yourself to fall asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow. Strength training can help you get a better night’s sleep and avoid insomnia.
See any benefits that you would like to enjoy? Sign up for a Free Intro Class and we’ll give you everything you need to get started!