2-3 ears of fresh corn (depending on size)
1/2 chopped fresh red onion
1 (15oz) can great northern beans
1 1/2 c halved/quartered cherry tomatoes (quarter if they are too large halved)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 2 large garlic clove, rough chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tbsp ancho chile powder – adjust this to the level of spiciness you desire!
- Begin by bringing a pot of water to a boil and then adding the corn. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While the corn is cooling, Open the can of beans and pour into a sieve. Rinse the beans thoroughly to ensure that all of the beans are completely rinsed.
- Holding the corn in an upright position, run a sharp knife down the sides of the corn to remove the kernels. Combine corn, red onion, beans and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- The dressing is simple. Add all of the dressing ingredients into a blender and combine until smooth.
- Toss dressing and salad together. Chill in the fridge overnight for the best results!