4 1/2 c quick oats
5 scoops of chocolate protein powder* (165g)
1 1/3 c almond butter
1 1/2 c raisins
1/2 c honey
1 c coconut cream, coconut milk, or almond milk**
– Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Begin mixing with a sturdy wooden spoon and finish by hand mixing. Wetting your hands before and temporarily during the mixing process will help prevent the mixture from sticking to hands.
– In a 9×13 baking dish, tightly pack the mixture making sure it is of even thickness throughout.
– Refrigerate for at least two hours.
– Remove from refrigerator and cut around the edges and into bars. This batch makes about 16, but you can cut them do your desired portion size.
– When storing, wrap individually parchment paper to keep bars from sticking to one another.
*Vegan protein was used for this recipe, but substitute any kind you would like.
**This is open ended so that you can determine the final fat content in each bar. Using coconut cream adds quite a bit of (good) fat in addition to the almond butter. Try some of the other options if you are making these to fit your macros and the fat content is too high as written.