- In a large pot, preferably a dutch oven, bring head up to a medium high. Add oil, onion, celery, bell peppers and jalapeños. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables become soft and translucent.
- Stir in the garlic, cumin, coriander, and cayenne. Cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the ground turkey, breaking up with a wooden spoon until the turkey is no longer pink, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the white beans, oregano and chicken stock. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add hominy salt and pepper to taste. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Skip to content
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium white onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped (about 1/2c)
3 green bell peppers, chopped
2-3 jalapeños, chopped (seeds optional for more spice)
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you like it spicy)
1lb ground turkey
2 15oz cans white beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp oregano
4 cups chicken stock
1 15oz can hominy