Happy New Year Everyone! This week, we are sharing a quick, easy, and flavorful recipe to bring life to your busy weeknights! This year is off to a blazing pace, and you are already crushing it. Odds are, most of you have thought about or written down your New Year’s Resolutions, so I have written a few tips for you below to help make those happen! When you are meeting with the Arsenal coaches to review your 2019 goals, take these into account!
It is likely that you created a list that says, get more sleep, be healthier, eat more nutritious foods, or get in shape. The problem is that these goals are too generic. Get healthy? There are so many ways to get healthy, but how do you want to do it? Do you want to lose weight? Start exercising? Eat more greens? Below, I used weight loss as an example.
When creating your list, think S.M.A.R.T.
Specific – Improve health and performance by losing weight.
Measurable – Lose 5 lbs.
Achievable – (Something that will challenge you but isn’t too extreme) It is recommended to lose 0.5-1lb per week.
Realistic – Is losing weight relevant and beneficial to YOU? Do you have the resources you need?
Time bound – Deadline: 5-6 weeks (1lb per week).
Now, take a look back at your goals and see if you can dig deeper. Our coaches are amazing resources to help you find something measurable so that you can track progress. With this accountability, you will have a visible improvement over time! If you have put get healthy and in shape as a resolution, start writing smaller goals to get there. Whether it be, take the stairs over the elevator, workout 3 times per week for 30 minutes, or include vegetables on your plate at every meal. As you achieve these milestones through tracking the little victories, you will reach the bigger picture!
Start the new year right by following us on Instagram @Lift.Eat.Thrive for healthy inspirations! I hope you all will take the time to try one of our recipes (like the one below) or one of our workout posts and fall in love with nutrition and lifting like we did.
Recipe: Paleo-Friendly Sesame Asian Stir Fry!
Total Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1lb ground turkey or beef
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 bag of frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 bag of cauliflower rice
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp ginger paste (or powdered ginger seasoning)
- First, cook turkey or ground beef with garlic in a large pan over medium heat with a small amount of cooking oil.
- Add in the sauces, spices, and paste and allow to simmer, while also steaming the vegetables in the microwave. Instead, you could sautee the vegetables in a separate pan if you choose.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add them to the pan of meat and stir to combine!
- Finally, enjoy your delicious stir fry! If you need some carbohydrates to fuel those 2019 gains, use white rice instead of cauliflower.