Performance Nutrition Coaching is Coming to Arsenal!
Over the years, eating to optimize my performance has become my passion. Just as I transitioned from competitive swimming to distance running to CrossFit, my nutrition had to change. I have treated myself as my own “nutritional experiment” since starting at Arsenal Strength in 2017. At that time, I was very thin, weighing in at around 120 pounds on a 5’8” frame. I quickly came to realize that the way I was eating was not going to help me perform optimally or get stronger as a new CrossFit athlete. (Yes, we are all athletes in this gym, and I want each of you to own that, whatever it means to you). I was motivated to learn how best to fuel my body so that I was powerful and could recover between high-intensity workouts. I sought out various resources and concepts, from carbohydrate cycling to the counting macros.
Nutrition is the basis for all of our body functions, from fighting illness to maximizing performance. When we consider performance, this means we are challenging our bodies to function optimally under intense conditions. It also includes building muscle, increasing endurance capacity, and enhancing power.
Performance Nutrition Coaching at Arsenal Strength will have three main goals:
- Fuel strength, power, and endurance for optimal performance through:
- Emphasis on whole foods
- Eating the rainbow
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with food
- Meet specific energy, nutrition, and hydration requirements through:
- General workout nutrition
- Meal timing
- Monitoring macros, calories, performance, and well-being
- Enhance adaptation and recovery between workouts and competition by:
- Relaxation strategies
- Competition day nutrition
- Supplements, vitamins, and minerals
You Are Invited to Work with Me
Now, I have the opportunity to serve as your performance nutrition coach. I am extremely eager to work with those of you who are ready to take the next step in your nutrition, wellness, and fitness journeys.