4 pound boneless pork shoulder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
juice of 2 limes
1 small onion, finely sliced
1 large jalepeno, seed removed and finely diced
1. Rinse and pat dry the pork shoulder
2. Comine salt, and pepper then sprinkle all over the pork. Gently pat the dry rub on to the meat so it sticks. Place the pork shoulder into the slow cooker.
4. Drizzle the olive oil on top and add the onion and peppers (optional)
3. Combine the chili powder and ground cumin. Dust top of pork with mixture.
4. cook on low for 4-6 hours. The thicker the roast, the more time it will take to cook
5. After the meat is fully cooked, shred it with two forks, removing any large chunks of fat that remain. Mix the the pulled pork with all the juices in the slow cooker. If desired, spread the pork on a baking sheet and broil for five minutes for crispy shreds of pork